Student Assistant (f/m/x)
Student Assistant (f/m/x)
on a temporary basis, from November 2021 to October 2022 with a weekly working load of 15 hours. The position will be filled subject to funding approval.
The student assistant will work for the Fairwork Secretariat at the WZB. The Fairwork Secretariat is a joint project of the Oxford Internet Institute and the WZB, led by Professor Mark Graham (University of Oxford) and Professor Martin Krzywdzinski (WZB). Fairwork is an action-research project that studies the gig economy in order to develop fairness ratings for digital platforms, that are used as a lever to improve working conditions. It currently operates in more than 20 countries.
The student assistant will work with the team at the Fairwork Secretariat to support external communications, events, outreach activities and organizational tasks of the project. The student will particularly assist with the development and management of digital content for our website, newsletter and social media channels, as well as support with the planning of regular events and report launches.
- Developing and publishing creative content for the Fairwork social media channels, including running paid promotions
- Assisting with planning and compiling content for Fairwork newsletters
- Support the website management, including blog posting, content editing, keeping track of translations
- Assist with website and social media monitoring
- Support with planning and coordinating events and webinars
- Support with organisational and administrative tasks
- Bachelor or Master student in Social Sciences, Marketing or Art/Design study programs
- Knowledge of issues impacting on precarious and insecure workers, and a demonstrable commitment to working towards the empowerment of workers, and to equality and inclusion
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally in precise and concise language
- Exceptional writing ability in English and German
- Experience in developing and maintaining website content on Wordpress
- Experience with managing social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Experience designing creative social media graphics on Canva or similar software
- Experience using the MailChimp and/or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) or similar software are extremely useful but not necessary
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Language competencies in languages spoken in Fairwork partner countries is a plus (French, Portuguese, Spanish, Hindi, Kannada, Ukrainian, Arabic, Bengali, Urdu, Indonesian, Tagalog, Serbian)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Preferably, experience with event planning
- Enthusiasm to work in a diverse and international team
- Remuneration in accordance with TVöD Bund EG 4
- A well-equipped workplace in the center of Berlin
- International, cooperative, and diversified working environment
- Integration into the scientific community
- Flexible working hours and a good work-life balance; and our engagement has been certified by the audit workandfamily and the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Cafeteria with modern recreation rooms
For more information about the research group Globalization, Work and Production, follow this https://www.wzb.eu/en/research/digitalization-and-societal-transformation/globalization-work-and-production.
Candidates are kindly requested to upload their applications in English (consisting of a letter of motivation, CV, transcript of records, copies of relevant certificates, and certificate of enrolment) under this link, no later than 19th September 2021.